What does OpenApp Symfony include?
OpenApp Symfony consists of the following software:
- Symfony 2
- Apache2 with mod_php
- Mysql server
- OpenPanel with mod-symfony, mod-mysql, mod-backup, mod-smtp
Installing OpenApp Symfony
- Please note that OpenApp always expects a clean install! /var/www/ and directories like that might be deleted by OpenApp
- Make sure that you have the OpenPanel sources in your sources.list and your softwarelist is up to date. Follow instructions on OpenPanel_and_APT
- Now install OpenApp Symfony
apt-get install openapp-symfony
- During the install, you will get some questions:
- The password that the user root should use to login to Mysql (Twice)
- The type of configuration you want. Select 'Internet Site' (press enter). OpenApp will configure postfix later on
- System mail name. This should be the hostname of your system and should already be entered (press enter). OpenApp can configure this later on
- Set a password for OpenPanel
openpanel-cli "update user password=<your password>"
- You can now login at https://<your ipaddress>:4089/ with the password entered in the previous step
- You are now in the OpenPanel-interface of your machine. Here, you can easily configure backups, outgoing email and optional software upgrades.
- In the Symfony-tab, you can add an SSL-certificate and key if you want your site to support https.
- Configure your SMTP-settings in the SMTP-tab. If you do not know which smarthost you should be using, you can leave it disabled. That should work in most of the situations.
- Configure your backups! That will make sure that your machine creates a backup each day/week/month, and will enable you to easily recover from disasters
- Upload your Symfony appliction via FTP (you can enable it via the 'OpenApp admin'-tab) or via the shell.
Updating OpenApp Symfony
Symfony will not be updated by OpenApp, since it might break your application. OpenApp will run apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade every night if you enable it in the 'Upgrades'-tab. That will upgrade all the software on the machine and may install new packages when needed.
Backing up OpenApp Symfony
When you configure backups via OpenPanel, OpenApp-backup will run daily/weekly/montly and leave a executable file in /var/backups/. To restore from this file, please read about OpenApp_Backup.
Building an image
To build an image for OpenApp Symfony (so that you have pre-configured everything for your user) take the following steps:
- Follow OpenApp Symfony#Installing OpenApp Symfony
/var/openpanel/tools/openapp-smtp-configure-postfix "<hostname of the machine>" "<true|false smarthost>" "<smarthost, if former value is true>" "<admin emailaddress>"
openpanel-cli "update user password=<password>"