What does OpenApp Joomla include?
OpenApp Joomla consists of the following software:
- Apache2 with mod_php
- Mysql server
- OpenPanel with mod-joomla, mod-backup, mod-smtp
Installing OpenApp Joomla
- Please note that OpenApp always expects a clean install! /var/www/ and directories like that might be deleted by OpenApp
- Make sure that you have the OpenPanel sources in your sources.list and your softwarelist is up to date. Follow instructions on OpenPanel_and_APT
- Now install OpenApp Joomla
apt-get install openapp-joomla
- During the install, you will get some questions:
- The password that the user root should use to login to Mysql (Twice)
- The type of configuration you want. Select 'Internet Site' (press enter). OpenApp will configure postfix later on
- System mail name. This should be the hostname of your system and should already be entered (press enter). OpenApp can configure this later on
- Set a password for OpenPanel
openpanel-cli "update user password=<your password>"
- You can now login at https://<your ipaddress>:4089/ with the password entered in the previous step
- You are now in the OpenPanel-interface of your machine. Here, you can easily configure backups, outgoing email and the basic settings needed to be able to login on the Joomla admin-interface.
- In the Joomla-tab, you need to make sure that you enter a password.
- Configure your SMTP-settings in the SMTP-tab. If you do not know which smarthost you should be using, you can leave it disabled. That should work in most of the situations.
- Configure your backups! That will make sure that your machine creates a backup each day/week/month, and will enable you to easily recover from disasters
- Login to the Joomla admin-interface at the url you entered in OpenPanel, and don't forget to configure Joomla.
Updating OpenApp Joomla
Joomla will not be updated by OpenApp, since it can update itself via de admin-interface. OpenApp will run apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade every night if you enable it in the 'Upgrades'-tab. That will upgrade all the software on the machine and may install new packages when needed.
Backing up OpenApp Joomla
When you configure backups via OpenPanel, OpenApp-backup will run daily/weekly/montly and leave a executable file in /var/backups/. To restore from this file, please read about OpenApp_Backup.
Building an image
To build an image for OpenApp Joomla (so that you have pre-configured everything for your user) take the following steps:
- Follow OpenApp Joomla#Installing OpenApp Joomla
echo "<password>" | openapp-joomla-passwd stdin
/var/openpanel/tools/openapp-smtp-configure-postfix "<hostname of the machine>" "<true|false smarthost>" "<smarthost, if former value is true>" "<admin emailaddress>"
openpanel-cli "update user password=<password>"